HOSA (Health Occupation Student Association)
HOSA – Future Health Professionals is the only nationwide student organization whose focus is 100% health care. In order to attend state, students must participate in one competitive event. There are six categories students can choose from:
1) Health Science Events – Dental & Medical Terminology
2) Health Professions Events – Biomedical Labs, Clinical Nursing, Dental Science
3) Emergency Preparedness – CPR/First Aid, Public Health, EMT
4) Leadership Events – Prepared Speaking, Job Interview Skills, Research Writing
5) Teamwork Events – Biomedical Debate
6) Recognition Events – Service Projects.
Preparing for state will require students to put in time outside of the school day and in many cases, utilize community members to gather the necessary information and training to be successful in their projects.