EmWave2 Quick Coherence Intervention
Spearfish Middle School. EmWave2 information page: https://store.heartmath.com/emwave2
– Two EmWave2 device will be used with students by the counselors in their offices at the Middle School.
– Three EmWave2 devices will be available for independent use by students.
– Students that frequently access school-counseling services will be trained in the EmWave2 Quick Coherence Technique by the counselors (with help from the computerized training protocol).
– Students that frequent the counseling office will be allowed to use the EmWave2 device and the Quick Coherence Technique (guided by the computer) with the counselors or on their own after they are comfortable with the process when they arrive at the counseling office.
– Students that have been trained in the use of the EmWave2 and the Quick Coherence Technique will be allowed to use the devices to facilitate social/emotional breaks in the counseling office (with counselor permission) throughout the day.
– Students that show interest and benefits from the use of the EmWave2 and the Quick Coherence Technique will be allowed to check out an EmWave2 device for use on their own with parent permission.
– Up to 30 students that frequent the school counselors’ services will be impacted by the project. Additional students will be impacted moving forward as this project will be ongoing year-after-year if deemed successful.